Thursday, September 29, 2011

and some quilting too..

hello..

now for some of the quilting i've been doing this past few months...  to start with..  my "ocean" string quilt.. i LOVE it..  about half of the blocks are from a CYOC (choose your own colour) string swap i was in on the HGTV message board... my colours were "ocean" colour batiks.. in blues, greens, tourquoise and a bit of purple (you know.. the colours in the ocean!)... with a sand center strip..  it came out really well and i love the variety of all the colours in the blocks...


i also finished a "jelly roll" quilt.. but the jelly roll was one of my own making... at the NC-COF retreat in April i was lucky enough to win the "strip" poker game with the batiks... i did have to add some of my own strips to get enough of a variety in the strips but i love how it came out... this one is called Pandoras Box.. and i have tons and tons of strips left so... i'll be making more "jelly roll" quilts using these strips...

and.. i made another of the Mosaic Quilts.. (i think this is #5)..  this one uses all Halloween fabrics and will be for my daughter... who just loves Halloween...

i'm currently working on some blocks for the F8 block swap i'm hosting for the HGTV board.. and... i've started another jelly roll quilt using the Madiera jelly roll that has been in my stash for about the last 5 years or so..

oh... i did another jelly roll quilt too... it's called a jelly roll race.. it was really fun and easy to do... i still need to put the final border on it... hopefully i'll have a picture of it for the next posting..  i think i'm going to host a jelly roll race for the guild in the spring... it should be lots of fun for everyone.. :)

and.. also needing borders is a DP9 that i did.. using a package of  charms that's been in my stash a while.. i hope to get that one done soon too..

i also did a bunch of borders for the charity quilts for the quild...  they came out pretty good.. considering the trouble we had putting some of them together..  (there are quite a few newbies in the guild and.. they have yet to master the art of.. getting blocks to the correct size... we are working on that tho)...

until next time...

shey..

6 comments:

  1. Great tops shey! You have certainly been busy! Have a happy weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy! I really like the CYOC sand and ocean colors. It's so pretty. The jelly roll one has a nice pattern - simple and pleasing to the eye. The Halloween one looked like Australian amazonian prints at first! I had to take another look to see the pumpkins and bats. :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shea, just found your blog from the paper piecing contest - they gave your link. Love your Australian Peacocks quilt! You need to feature it HERE on your blog and link over to the voting!!! I know you mentioned it on facebook, that's how I learned about it...

    I know I'd be willing to post to my blog and fb too as would several other HGTVrs... just let us know. :) Your quilt is awesome and the photo doesn't do those mini flying geese justice!!! Simply BEAUTIFUL!!!

    Love from Indiana, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stumbled upon you blog last night. I love your string top - the gorgeous (my favorite!). And I agree wih Bonnie, you should post that pp top (saw on Thearica's blog) - it's amazing :-)

    Margaret
    www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com
    msolomo1@maine.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that stained glass looking pattern. I've been searching the web trying to figure out who designed it and where I might be able to find it. Unfortunately I haven't been lucky. Can I ask who designed it? Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the pattern is called.. Mozaic... it's fat quarter friendly... and it's from a local quilt shop here in the orlando area... Material Girl Quilt Shop.. in Apopka..(Marie Anderson.. 407-884-0660) i don't know if it's available online.. when i did it ..it was not... BUT.. if you call her and order it.. she gets it right out.. it's quick and very easy... i usually can get a top done in just a couple of days.. good luck.. and if you make one.. i'd love to see it.. shey..

      Delete